- To develop students' ability to conceptualize, inquire, reason and communicate mathematically with good presentation skills.
- To develop students' ability to manipulate mathematics knowledge stated in the Curriculum Guides provided by CDC.
- To prepare students to understand everyday applications outside the classroom.
- To provide a basis for further work in science and mathematics through the development of the number sense, symbol sense, spatial sense and a sense of measurement as well as the capability in appreciating structures and patterns.
- To develop a positive attitude towards mathematics and the capability in appreciating the aesthetic nature and cultural aspect of mathematics.